What is Quick Element Update?
If the intended element was not selected in your test result, Quick Element Update is a feature that allows you to re-select the element from the screenshot of that step, so that the correct element is selected the next time the test is executed. The advantage of Quick Element Update is that you don't have to launch Autify Recorder and replay all preceding steps to update the target step - you can make an update instantly without re-recording.
Quick Element Update can be used when:
- The test was run in an environment other than Safari on iOS
- The step has a target element (i.e., Click Element, Text assertions, etc.)
- The target element you want to select is shown in the screenshot
- The step does not have a locator (CSS Selector) specified
- The target element is not inside an iframe
- The target element is not in Shadow DOM
You can use Quick Element Update regardless of whether the step itself is marked as
failed, making it useful in a variety of situations.
Note that if you update an element of a step within a Step Group, all scenarios that use that Step Group will be affected.
How to use Quick Element Update
Open the step in the Test Result Details Page where the intended element was not selected.
You can now interact with the screenshot. Click the element you want to select, and then click
Update Selected Element.
Close the modal. In the test result, the step will be marked as "Updated".
Run the scenario. If successful, the specified element will be selected in the screenshot.
- As of November 2022, you cannot undo
Update Selected Element. If you want to select the element that was originally selected, click
Update Selected Elementand select the element again in the screenshot.
- Even if the element is updated by Quick Element Update, the screenshot of the scenario will not be updated.