Release Notes - August 21st, 2023
1. Featured Releases 🚀
Passing Variables Between Tests
Have you ever wanted to pass values between scenarios that run consecutively?
Now you can pass variables between multiple scenarios executed in a test plan!
Set any required variables in the "Variables" tab of the scenario detail screen and execute multiple scenarios in the test plan to pass variables.
For instance, if you would like to test an order ID generated as a result of a customer placing an order in Scenario A, and then entering it into the Order Management screen in Scenario B, this feature is for you.
For more details, see our documentation: Passing Variables Between Tests
Windows 11 Support
Now we support Windows 11 as a test execution environment, in addition to Windows 10!
If your contract includes Real PC devices, you can choose Chrome / Edge / Firefox runing on Windows 11 from the Execution Environment Selection Page when editing your test plans.
If you are interested in adding Real PC devices to your test execution environment, please contact support.
See also Supported OS and browser versions (PC).
2. Other Updates ✨
- Locators are now available for JS Steps for Elements.
- Within the Organization Settings page, monthly credit usage is now shown to Lite, Standard, Advanced and Enterprise customers.
- The “Page Should Contain Element” assertion now supports Shadow DOM.
- Visual regression testing for elements is now able to work with iframe elements.
- “Save as Passed” on “Review needed” steps now correctly updates the element when the initial test result is a failure.
- Autify is currently working on optimizing the mechanism for finding elements in order to speed up test execution. In the near future, you may start to see a positive change in test execution speed.
- In tests with failed steps, the information held in the scenario is no longer updated even if Autify's maintenance AI finds the element. This change prevents Autify from learning incorrect elements in scenarios that did not work as intended.
- Autify received a SOC 2 Type 2 attestation report! This is one of the milestones to prove our commitment to the security of customers' data. See the following news page for more details: