What is Replay?
Replay is a feature that automatically re-runs a scenario or step group to the point at which a change is to be made. This feature simplifies the editing process by removing the need to manually re-enter steps that are remaining the same.
How to use Replay?
Replay can be used to add new steps to an existing scenario or step group. Here is how it works
Go to a Scenario or Step Group
Move the cursor between steps
Choose “Record here”
The recording screen will be launched and the replay function will automatically transition to the chosen point. If Record here without replay is selected, automatic transitions due to replay will not occur.
How Replay works
When to use Replay:
- Replay is only available when editing existing scenarios or step groups.
When this step fails
- Replay should respect the action chosen for when the step fails
- Currently there is a known issue where the step will always abort regardless of what “When this step fails” is set to
- If a data file is used in the scenario, the first row of data below the header is used.
- If a step group is used in the scenario, any values associated with steps (such as for asserting that the right text is displayed) are used as normal. If a value has been overridden in the scenario, the new value will be used for replay.