Testing file uploads
Autify allows you to test file uploads. To do this, you must first select the file you want to upload. Simply select a file during recording, and a Choose File step will automatically be added to your test scenario.
Choose File step
You can see which file will be uploaded by clicking the Choose File step in your scenario. You can select a different file by clicking the [Update] button, and there are no file format restrictions. Files are stored on Amazon S3.
There are several caveats to the Choose File step.
The following features do not support the Choose File step:
- Tests run on real iOS devices.
- Local replay. See this article for more information.
- Maximum filename length is 255 bytes (due to UTF-8 encoding, the number of bytes varies by character).
- Maximum file size is 50MB per file.
- Maximum file size is 80MB per scenario.
Tests run in an external device farm environment may fail if the uploaded file is close to the maximum file size. If an internal error occurs at the Choose File step, try using a smaller file.