Release notes - July 1st, 2022
1. Featured Releases 🚀
Visual diff for test results 🎨
Do you ever want to see what parts of the screen have changed in appearance compared to the last time you tested? Now, if you open the "Diff" tab at each step of the test results where a screenshot from the previous successful test exists, you will be able to see the difference highlights between the screenshots from the previous and current tests!
The differences are calculated based on changes in pixels and colors. We hope you will use this to verify changes in appearance that have not been detected before.
Browser log on Chrome environment 💻
Have you ever wished you could see the log messages your web application outputs to the browser console - such as error messages that indicate API call failed - when you debug your tests? Here's the feature for you, and debugging is now easier than ever! When you have browser log messages available for a step in your test result, you can just click number of messages displayed next to "Logs" at the right bottom of the step.
Once the log messages are displayed, it's also possible to filter your them by log levels (such as
ERROR) and keywords!
*Note: This feature is avaliable when you run your tests on Chrome, including mobile emulators
2. Other Updates ✨
- Now that there are many different kind of steps that can be added from Scenario Details Page, we have folded the steps into one "Insert Step" menu
- Added a scroll bar to the Step Group selector on Scenario Details Page
- Added a search feature to the Step Group selector on New Scenario Page and Scenario Details Page
Fixes related to Test Execution
- Fixed the issue where URL replacement was not working when overriding arguments of a Step Group used in a scenario
- Fixed the issue where "Choose File" steps with Safari can cause an internal error
- Fixed the issue where Input Text step doesn’t input the value correctly if the field doesn’t allow empty value
- Fixed the issue in test executions on Chrome where a Click Element step sometimes displayed as "Failed" even though it actually succeeded
- Fixed the issue that the test fails when a target element contained double quotations in its attributes
Fixes related to Email Testing
- Fixed the issue where some random email addresses are displayed as “Unknown email address”
- Fixed the issue where random email addresses were saved as plain string when updating existing scenarios
- Fixed the issue where ”Element Text Should Be” in a Step Group was not displaying the original value when being used in a scenario
- Fixed the issue in which steps that should not be able to be changed to step groups could be changed to Step Groups
- Fixed the issue in which test results using Step Groups sometimes displayed incorrect step names
- Fixed the issue where test result status can remain “Failed” unexpectedly after reviewing and reverting the “Review needed” steps
- Fixed the issue where that
execute_scenarios APIreturns error with mobile emulators
We've also implemented a number of other improvements that will make your testing experience even better!