Step Group for the middle/end of a Scenario
When to use
This kind of Step Group can be used for any series of steps you wish to use in the middle or at the end of a scenario. For example, this could be a series of input steps that you want to repeat in the middle of a scenario, or a common cleanup process that can be used at the end of multiple scenarios!
Creating a Step Group for the middle/end of a Scenario
Step Group for the middle/end of a Scenario cannot be created from scratch, but it can be created from a part of a scenario. Let's do it by following these steps:
- Record a Scenario containing a series of steps that you want to convert into a Step Group
- Select the series of steps you want to convert by clicking the checkbox at the top left of each step, and click [Create step group]
- Name your Step Group and click [Done]
- Your selected steps have just turned into a Step Group! This new Step Group can be used in the middle or at the end of any of your scenarios.
You can view what’s inside the Step Group by clicking it:
Selected steps cannot be turned into a Step Group if -
- They contain Step Groups
- The steps are dependent on other steps in the Scenario - Specifically, when they include the following kinds of steps:
- Steps using a return value of other JS steps
- JS steps returning a value that is referred to by other steps
- Steps using random email addresses
- Steps using a value in the Data table
- Switch Window steps referring to the windows created in other steps
Using a Step Group in the middle/end of a Scenario
Now, let’s put the Step Group you created into a Scenario. Open a scenario to which you want to add the Step Group. When you click the [+] button between two steps, you will see
Insert Step Group in the menu. Click the link.
You can see that a Step Group is successfully added to the Scenario. Select the Step Group you would like to add to this Scenario.
*Note that only Step Groups that don’t have visit steps are displayed in the list.