Credits (Number of executable steps)
ℹ️ This document is for customers of Autify for Web Lite / Standard / Advanced / Enterprise plan.
Credits are the number of steps run that can be used at any time from the time of purchase until the specified expiration date. In addition to the fixed number of credits granted in advance according to your subscription plan, you can purchase as many credits as you need depending on the amount of tests you would like to perform.
How credits are used
In Autify, the unit of test execution is a scenario, and since a scenario consists of multiple steps such as "Click" and "Element Text Should Be," executing a single scenario will run a number of steps according to the contents of the scenario.
Credits are used according to the number of steps actually executed by the test run. A scenario with 100 steps will use 100 credits if it is executed to the end, while a scenario with 10 steps will use 10 credits.
All steps that a step group has will use credits. For example, if a step group consists of 5 steps, 5 credits will be used.
If the test is interrupted by the failure of a step in the scenario, only the executed steps will use credits. For example, if the test fails on the first step and is terminated, only 1 credit will be used.
If the scenario is executed to the end, the number of credits used will be the same between two runs of a 50-step scenario and one run of a 100-step scenario.
- Steps that were executed when the test was executed using the "Rerun" button on the Test Result Details Page
- Steps that failed during the scenario and were not executed thereafter
- Steps skipped (e.g., when creating reference images for visual regression testing for elements)
- All steps of the test that ended with an internal error
The expiration date for using credits is the end date of your contract at the time of purchase. If a credit expires before it has been used up, it cannot be carried over to the next renewal contract or thereafter.
What happens when I run out of credits?
Even if you run out of credits already purchased, you will still be able to run tests. Once you run out of remaining credits, you will be billed on a monthly overage (pay-as-you-go) basis for the number of steps performed. Every 50 steps executed during the month will be calculated and billed in the following month. There is no upper limit to the number of steps after the start of overage billing, and tests can be run without restrictions.
Purchase additional credits
With overage, you will be billed at a later date for the number of steps you use, but you can purchase credits in advance for the number of steps you will need to run the test at a lower cost than with overage. Once credits are purchased, they will be reflected in your organization's credits within 3 business days.
The conditions for purchasing additional credits are as follows:
You must have at least 6 months remaining on your contract.
- If you have less than 6 months remaining on your contract, you may purchase additional credits by using overage billing or by renewing your contract earlier than the original renewal date.
Purchase in the number of steps that match the condition.
- You may purchase a minimum quantity of 30,000 steps in increments of 5,000 steps. The more steps you purchase at one time, the lower the cost per step credit.
- At the time of purchase, there is a discount based on the remaining contract term. If you purchase credits early in your contract or extend your contract to coincide with the purchase of credits, the price per credit will be lower.
- There is no limit to the number of additional steps you can purchase.